Lewis Brooks (Jefferson, GA / Lakeview) and Maxwell Morgan (Newtonville, NY / Shaker) teamed together to win the Randolph Hokum Karem Relay. The Hokum Karem race format is a two-person relay race where teammates alternate running a one-mile loop. The first team member runs a one-mile loop then tag his teammate who runs another one-mile loop. Each runner completes a total of 10 loops for 10 total miles, five miles per team member.
- Place: 2nd out of 4
- Location: Lynchburg, VA
TIGERS TOP FIVE PERFORMERS
- Brooks and Morgan combined to complete the relay in 58:49.7. They did their damage on the back half of the relay, posting the fast split in four of the last five miles.
- Cecil Tiblin (Locust Grove, VA / Orange County) and Lucas Paris (Richmond, VA / Douglas Freeman) posted a 1:06:33.7 to place ninth.
- Reed Mingione (Chesapeake, VA / Oak Hill Academy) and John Dyke rounded out the scoring for the Tigers, narrowly finishing behind Tiblin and Paris with a 1:06:36.1
OTHER TOP PERFORMERS
- Lynchburg College won the event as they had the second, third, and fifth fastest college combos
- Methodist finished in third with their top tag team placing sixth among collegiate teams
- Southern Virginia came in fourth place with their top duo crossing the finish line as the fifth fastest collegiate group.
- The Tigers travel to Buena Vista, VA to participate in the ODAC Preview Meet at 5:30 pm hosted by Washington and Lee University.