Feb 14, 2018
Randolph-Macon topped Hampden-Sydney Basketball 67-56 on Wednesday night.
- Final Score: Randolph-Macon 67, Hampden-Sydney 56
- Records: Hampden-Sydney 6-18, 3-12 ODAC; Randolph-Macon 18-6, 12-3 ODAC
- Location: Hampden-Sydney, VA – Fleet Gymnasium
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Yellow Jackets were on fire from three point range for much of the night
- A tightly contested game for much of the first half, the game was tied at 17 with 10:23 to play but R-MC slowly pulled away to lead 34-26 at halftime
- R-MC went up 52-38 with 13 minutes remaining, but the Tigers scored five quick ones to trim the deficit to nine and force a Macon timeout
- The visitors built the lead up to 16, 65-49, at 5:38, but the Tigers chipped away at the lead to trail only nine at 3:29
- With a chance to make it a two-possession game with just under two minutes to play, a Kevin Quinn three pointer rolled in and out.
- The Tigers were able to get a defensive stop on the next R-MC possession but committed a turnover on the inbounds pass at 1:20
- From there, Macon was able to close out the game with strong defense
TIGER TOP PERFORMERS
- Malik Crute posted game highs of 24 points and seven rebounds
- Hunter Kuehn added six points and seven boards off the bench
FOR THE FOES
- Luke Neeley scored 18 points, all coming off three pointers
- Darryl Williams contributed 10 points
- Buzz Anthony chipped in with seven points, six assists, and five rebounds
STATS OF THE GAME
- Both teams made 22 field goals and shot shortly north of 40%, but Randolph-Macon drained 17 three pointers while Hampden-Sydney made only five
- The Tigers held a 36-29 edge on the glass
- Hampden-Sydney closes out the regular season on Saturday vs. Roanoke College at 2 pm for Senior Day.