Posted: Nov 03, 2017
Division I Davidson defeated Hampden-Sydney Basketball 106-55 in an exhibition on Friday night.
- Final Score: Davidson 106, Hampden-Sydney 55
- Records: not applicable
- Location: Davidson, NC – John M. Belk Arena
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Davidson tallied the first four points of the game, but back to back three pointers from Will Sparks and Kevin Quinn gave the Tigers a brief lead after three minutes
- Davidson scored the next 18 to go out in front 22-6 and never looked back
TIGER TOP PERFORMERS
- Will Sparks scored a team-high 18 points, shooting 7-13 from the floor and 3-5 from three.
- Kevin Quinn tacked on 10 points, making two of his four three point attempts.
- Jake Hahn grabbed a team-best five rebounds
FOR THE FOES
- Kellan Grady scored a game-high 28 points to go with four assists and three steals
- Peyton Aldridge added 24 points with six rebounds and two blocks
- Jon Axel Gudmundsson contributed 15 points, six rebounds, and five steals
STATS OF THE GAME
- Davidson shot 51% overall and 44% from three and limited the Tigers to a 33% overall performance and 41.2% beyond the arc
- The Wildcats outrebounded the Tigers 47-32
- Hampden-Sydney opens the regular season on November 15 at home at 7 pm vs. Averett University