WHAT IS SAAC?
A student-athlete advisory committee (SAAC) is a committee made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience. The SAAC offers input on the rules, regulations, and policies that affect student-athletes’ lives. There is an SAAC at the institution, conference, and national levels. Presently, there are separate national SAACs for NCAA Division I, II, and III. NCAA legislation mandates that all member institutions have SAAC on their respective campuses. Further, NCAA legislation requires that all member conferences have SAAC.
"The mission of the National Collegiate Athletic Association Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athlete welfare and fostering a postivie student-athelte image.
FUNCTIONS OF H-SC SAAC
- Functions of Campus SAAC
- Promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes.
- Disseminate information.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
- Organize community service efforts.
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees (e.g., student government).
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.
ODAC SAAC - https://www.odaconline.com/saac/index
NCAA SAAC - http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/ncaa-student-athlete-advisory-committees-saacs
NCAA DIII SAAC and Special Olympics Partnership - http://www.ncaa.org/about/special-olympics-partnership
John Dyke, President True Johnson, Vice-President Anthony Vinson, Secretary
Betsy Leonard, Head Swim Coach
Baseball - Matt Spagnolo Basketball - True Johnson Cross Country - John Dyke
Football - Brad Gholson Golf - Adam Hade Lacrosse - Jack Hayden
Soccer - Spell Carr Swimming - Anthony Vinson Tennis - Michael Moody
Meetings will be once a month. The SAAC President or Advisor may all special meetings, as necessary.