Sep 08, 2017
Eight Tigers competed in the highly competitive Methodist Fall Invitational this past weekend.
- Final Score: No team scores
- Records: Not applicable
- Location: Fayetteville, NC – Gene Clayton Courts
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Matthew Moody rolled 6-3, 6-2 over Methodist's RJ Clements in the #1 singles quarterfinals. He narrowly fell in the semis but rebounded to defeat reigning ODAC Rookie of the Year Tate Godwin of Guilford 6-1, 1-6, 10-4 in the third-place match
- Michael Moody placed seventh at the #2 singles flight, knocking off Jacob Oesher of Methodist 6-2, 6-2.
- Clark Cummings finished seventh in the #3 flight, defeated Averett's Thomas Woodcock 6-3, 6-3
- William Driskill took home sixth place at the #4 spot, defeating Henry Blanco 4-6, 6-3, 10-4 in the consolation semifinals before falling 7-6, 6-4 in the 5th place match
- Andrew Donelson also finished seventh at #5, defeating Averett's Simon Levinsson 6-2, 7-5
- Grayson Burns wrapped up another seventh-place finish for the Tigers at #6 with a walkover win over Belmont Abbey's Blaise Waters
- Christian Quick earned fifth place honors in the #8 flight, taking a walkover win in the consolation semifinals then defeating Jon Smith of Averett 6-2, 6-3
- The Moody Twins placed fifth at #1 doubles, defeating a Guilford duo in the consolation semis then knocking out RJ Clement and Coleman Baker from Methodist by an 8-4 score
- Driskill and Cummings took sixth in the #2 doubles flight, winning 8-6 in the consolation semis before dropping an 8-3 decision in the fifth-place match
- Burns and Levy Young won the #5 doubles flight in impressive fashion. They topped a Methodist tag team 8-3 then defeating another Methodist duo 8-0 in the championship match.
- Hampden-Sydney finishes the fall season on September 29 – October 2 at the ITA Southeast Regional hosted by the University of Mary Washington.