HAMPDEN-SYDNEY, VA - H-SC Lacrosse will try to earn the #2 seed in the upcoming ODAC Tournament on when the Tigers hosts #12 Washington & Lee University on Saturday at 1 pm for Senior Day at Lewis C. Everett Stadium. Prior to the contest, H-SC will honor the seven lacrosse seniors. To view the game notes, please click here. There will be live stats and live video for the contest.
- Hampden-Sydney will honor their seven seniors today for Senior Day: Austin Black, Evan Cumalander, Jess Hawthorne, Cody Hornung, Ryan Martin, Brad Mostowy, and Cameron Sheppard.
- Critical ODAC seeding is on the line in this game. A win and the Tigers are the #2 seed and receive a first round bye. A loss and H-SC could finish either third or fourth.
- The game pits the two top defensive teams in the ODAC based on goals against average. The Tigers have a GAA of 6.91 while W&L checks in at 6.60.
- The Tigers are coming off a big statement win over then #10 Lynchburg College 12-8 on the road on Lynchburg's Senior Day.
- The Tigers win over the Hornets was the first game among the "Big Four" (LC, Roanoke, HSC, W&L) decided by more than one goal.
- Washington & Lee lost 9-8 on the road at Roanoke on Saturday. The Generals two ODAC losses are by a combined two goals while Roanoke has three ODAC wins by one goal over W&L, Lynchburg, and H-SC.
- The Tigers lost 9-8 at home in the ODAC Tournament Quarterfinals on April 25. The Tigers won last year's regular season matchup on the road 11-9
- H-SC trailed 6-3 at halftime in the ODAC Tournament game, but the Tiger scored the first four goals of the second half to take a 7-6 lead. Cam Lewis ended the third quarter with a goal to make it 7-7.
- W&L opened up the fourth with goals at 12:07 and 11:21, but the Tigers were only able to muster one man-up score, coming at 5:02.
- Ben Clarke scored four goals while Micah Keller added two scores. Eric Gorsline had two assists.
- Cody Hornung made seven saves. Brad Mostowy won 7-of-16 face-offs.
- Garrett Paglia, Jack Switala, and Cam Lewis each recorded two goals while Scott Meehan had two assists.
- Warren Berenis stopped five saves in net, and Jared Mitchell went 11-for-18 on face-offs.
Scouting the Generals
- Washington & Lee enters the contest 12-3 overall with a 6-2 mark in ODAC competition.
- The Generals have earned big Ws over Salisbury, Denison, and Franklin and Marshall. Their three losses have all been to ranked teams in Washington College, Lynchburg, and Roanoke by a combined six goals with a one-goal loss to Lynchburg and Roanoke.
- Washington & Lee leads the ODAC in man-up goals and man-up percentage, caused turnovers, face-off percentage, and goals against average while ranking second in shots on goal.
- While W&L has played 15 games this year, the schedule has featured just six road games. They are 4-2 on the road, but they have played just one regionally ranked team away from home since March 3, a 9-8 loss at Roanoke on Saturday.