HAMPDEN-SYDNEY, VA - H-SC Lacrosse will look to win their sixth game in a row on Wednesday when the Quakers of Guilford College come to town for a 6:30 pm game on Hellmuth-Pritzlaff Turf Field. To view the game notes, please click here. There will be live stats for the contest.
- Hampden-Sydney held on to defeat Shenandoah University 8-7 on Saturday.
- The Tigers never trailed during the contest but struggled to pull away with the biggest lead being just three goals.
- Thomas Armstrong and Jess Hawthorne each had two goals and an assist while Abbot Wallenborn had two goals, including the game-winner.
- Brad Mostowy won 9-of-14 face-offs with three caused turnovers while Austin Black forced five turnovers.
- David Noftsinger made eight saves to go with five ground balls.
- H-SC held a 39-33 advantage in ground balls and was a crisp 22-23 on clears. H-SC also took 12 of the game's 19 face-offs and outshot the Hornets 37-31.
- Guilford defeated Ferrum 11-8 on Saturday. The game was tied 3-3 at halftime, but Guilford scored eight goals in the third to pull ahead for good.
- Henry Farley, Daniel Hughey, Chandler Zirkle, and Adam Fiore each had two goals for the Quakers. Hughey also had two assists. Connor Manning went 12-21 on face-offs.
- Guilford had an impressive 41-19 advantage in ground balls.
- The Tigers rolled to a 15-3 win on April 7, 2012, at Guilford.
- Guilford scored the first two goals on the game, but Hampden-Sydney responded with the next 13.
- Micah Keller led the way with three goals and an assist. Nate Cundy and Ryan Martin each had two scores. Carter Mavromatis had a goal and five assists.
- Brad Mostowy won 8-of-12 face-offs while Dontae Buck went 4-6. The team won 13-of-21.
- Cody Horning allowed just two goals in 36 minutes of play while David Noftsinger allowed one score with five saves in 13 minutes.
- H-SC held a 33-24 advantage in groundballs and a 37-21 edge in shots. The Tigers also went 3-for-3 on man-up opportunities.
- Chase Clausen had two goals and one assist for Guilford. Thomas Deane made nine saves in 52 minutes.
Scouting the Quakers
- The Quakers come in to the contest with a 5-4 overall record, an 0-2 mark in ODAC competition, and a 2-1 away record.
- The Quakers ODAC schedule thus far has pitted them against the two highest ranked teams in the conference in Lynchburg (L, 25-6) and Washington & Lee (L, 9-5).
- The Quakers trailed by just one goal entering into the fourth quarter at Washington & Lee on March 23.
- Guilford has played two common opponents thus far in Greensboro and Ferrum. GC beat Greensboro 10-8 on Feb. 20 and beat Ferrum 11-8 on Saturday. The Tigers beat Greensboro 11-2 and Ferrum 13-3.
- The starting goalkeeper is a likely toss up. Three players have played over 150 minutes and each has started at least two games.