HAMPDEN-SYDNEY, VA - Tiger Lacrosse will host the Randolph-Macon College Yellow Jackets on Friday at 7 pm at the Helmmuth-Pritzlaff Turf Field. To view the game notes, please click here. There will be live stats for the contest.
- Hampden-Sydney rolled to a 13-5 win at home against Bridgewater on Saturday.
- H-SC started the game slow but led 3-1 at the end of the first quarter and 8-3 at half.
- Jess Hawthorne, James Hughes, and Thomas Armstrong each posted tree goals while Hughes and Hawthorne handed out an assist.
- Mike Funk and Abbot Wallenborn both contributed a goal and two assists, and Koferl added on a goal and an assist.
- Brad Mostowy, the NCAA's active career leader in ground balls and third in face-off wins for active players, continued to pile up the ground balls and face-off wins, scooping 11 GBs while taking 12-of-18 face-offs.
- Grant Swaney and Ned Bowden collected six ground balls each while Austin Black contributed three ground balls and three caused turnovers.
- Randolph-Macon dropped at 13-9 decision at Washington & Lee on Saturday.
- The Yellow Jackets have been an up and down team, scoring at least 13 goals in six games but having two games with less than five goals.
- The R-MC defense has been a weakness this year, having allowed at least 10 goals in all but one game with a goals against average of 13.67.
- Hampden-Sydney won 10-8 at Randolph-Macon on April 4, 2012.
- The Tigers led 5-2 after one quarter and 9-5 at halftime.
- Brad Mostowy won 12-of-20 face-offs with 12 ground balls and two goals.
- Thomas Armstrong scored two goals while Carter Mavromatis and Eric Gorsline had a goal and an assist.
- Jess Hawthorne, Micah Keller, Mike Funk, Ryan Martin, and Corey Mavromatis each contributed a goal or an assist.
- Cody Hornung played all 60 minutes in net to make 12 saves.
- Tim Rowe scored six goals for R-MC while Jason Crawford stopped 16 shots.
Scouting the Yellow Jackets
- The Yellow Jackets have a potent offense, scoring 11.11 goals per game. R-MC has scored at least 13 goals in five games.
- Jason Andrews has been one of the most prolific scoring midfielders in the nation this year, having scored 20 goals with 16 assists for 36 points.
- Justin Butler has also been filling up the net with 20 goals.
- Robert Fox is a dual threat when taking face-offs. He was won 32-of-62 face-offs and is third on the team in scoring with 22 points on 13 goals and nine assists.
- Nick Benhoff is the main man on face-offs. He is 81-160 with 64 ground balls, six goals, and two assists. Nearly all of his points have come via directly winning a face-off.
- Jordan Devito and Thomas Smith have split time in net with Devito having taken over as the top GK. He has started the last five games and has made 14 or more saves in five straight contests.