Game Notes | PDF Version
Hampden-Sydney (7-5 / 4-2 ODAC) vs. Ferrum (6-8)
Saturday, April 14 | 1:30 pm | Hampden-Sydney, VA
Last Time Out for the Tigers
- Hampden-Sydney beat Virginia Wesleyan 8-7 on Wednesday.
- Virginia Wesleyan took a 3-0 lead with 6:41 left in the first quarter.
- The Tigers then scored four straight goals as a one-minute unreleasable penalty on VWC gave the Tigers momentum with two man-up goals.
- H-SC led 8-6 with 3:46 to go and the Marlins had possession. The Tigers then turned over the ball four times as VWC scored once.
- VWC got the ball back with 15 seconds left after a Tiger turnover, but they only managed one shot that sailed wide of the goal.
- Carter Mavromatis continued his onslaught to shatter the assists record as he had three assists with two goals.Ryan Martin had three scores while Micah Keller, Nate Norbo, and Eric Gorsline each had one goal.
- Mostowy won 10-of-19 face-offs, and both he and Norbo had eight ground balls.Cody Hornung made eight saves in net.
- Travis Puls led VWC with four points (3g, 1a) while Corey Bauer made 13 saves.
- VWC was limited to 1-5 on man-up.
Last Time Out for the Panthers
- Ferrum lost to Virginia Wesleyan 13-7 on Saturday.
- Ferrum led 2-0 at the end of the first quarter, but VWC scored the first three goals of the second quarter to take the lead.
- Ferrum responded with two more scores to take back a 4-3 lead, but the Marlins scored the next four goals and never relinquished the lead.
- Andrew Senft found the back of the net three times while Nick Smith scored twice for the Panthers.
- Adam Nycz had four goals and three assists for VWC, Travis Puls had four points (2g, 2a), Mike Moran posted four points (3g, 1a), and Kyle Wright had three points (2g, 1a)
- Corey Bauer recorded 13 saves for VWC, and Damian Pulos made 20 stops.
- Three players combined to go 15-23 on face-offs for Virginia Wesleyan while Brennan Reeder went just 7-18 for Ferrum.
- Ferrum was just 1-7 on man-up.
The Last Time These Two Met
- This is the first ever meeting between the two programs.
- 2012 is just the second year of the Ferrum lacrosse program.
- Ferrum has won six games in each of its first two seasons.
In the 2012 National Ranks
- 5 - Carter Mavromatis, Career Assists, 94*
- 6 - Brad Mostowy, Career GBs, 299*
- 7 - Micah Keller, Career Goals, 144*
- 7 - Mostowy, Career GBs/Game, 6.50*
- 9 - Mostowy, Career Faceoff Wins, 446*
- 15 - Keller, Career Points, 184*
- 19 - Mavromatis, Career Assts./Game, 1.49*
- 20 - Mavromatis, Assts./Game, 2.18
- 23 - Mavromatis, Career Points, 163*
- 28 - Keller, Career Goals/Game, 2.32*
- 35 - Mostowy, GBs/Game, 6.73
- 42 - Scoring Offense, 10.91
- 44 - Points Per Game, 17.45
- 46 - Assists Per Game, 6.55
- 49 - Micah Keller, Goals/Game, 2.64
- 58 - Man-Up Offense, .305
- 63 - Man-Down Defense, .774
- 81 - Ground Balls Per Game, 33.45
- 83 - Win Percentage, .545
- 86 - Mavromatis, Points/Game, 3.45
- 90 - Saves Per Game, 10.91
- 97 - Scoring Margin, 0.45
- 99 - Keller, Points/Game, 3.36
*Active Players Only
The Numbers Game
- 297 wins for Head Coach Ray Rostan.
- 58.8 winning percentage for Brad Mostowy on face-offs in the last three games.
- 26 groundballs for Mostowy in the last three contests.
- 62.5 conversion percentage on man-up opportunities in the previous three games.
- 28.6 conversion percentage for opponents on man-up opportunities in the last three contests.
- 19.6 shot percentage for opponents in the last three games.
Looking at Ferrum
- Ferrum lacrosse is playing just it's second season, and they have witnessed success right away, having won six games thus far in both seasons.
- Ferrum has six ODAC teams on its schedule this year.
- Their best showings against ODAC foes have been a 13-14 loss to Guilford, a 7-1 win over Randolph, and a 9-13 loss to Randolph-Macon.
- Both teams have one other common opponent in Greensboro 16-8. H-SC beat Greensboro while Ferrum lost 4-5.
- Andrew Senft leads the team in nearly all offensive categories: 49 points, 30 goals, 18 assists, and 116 shots.
- Dylan Burdick has feasted on EMOs with 12 of his 21 goals being man-up.
- Ferrum has won 50% of its face-offs, and two goalies split time with an 8.77 GAA.