Game Notes: Lacrosse Hosts Virginia Wesleyan
Game Notes | PDF Version
Hampden-Sydney (6-5 / 3-2 ODAC) vs. Virginia Wesleyan (8-4 / 2-2 ODAC)
Wednesday, April 11 | 4 pm | Hampden-Sydney, VA
Last Time Out for the Tigers
- Hampden-Sydney beat Guilford 15-3 on Saturday.
- H-SC trailed 2-0 with 7:07 left in the first quarter.
- The Tigers then reeled off 13 straight goals to led 13-2 with 5:07 left in the third quarter.
- Carter Mavromatis needed two assists to set a new school record for career assists, and he finished with five to set the record at 94 and counting.
- Micah Keller added three goals and one assist. Nate Cundy and Ryan Martin each had two goals.
- Brad Mostowy won 8-of-12 face-offs while Dontae Buck won four of his six attempts.
- Guilford finished just 12-23 on clears.
- The Tigers converted on all three of their man-up opportunities, the first time this season they have converted on more than half of their tries.
- The three goals allowed is the fewest this season by three goals.
Last Time Out for the Marlins
- Virginia Wesleyan won 13-7 at Ferrum on Saturday.
- The Marlins trailed 2-0 at the end of the first quarter but took a 7-5 lead at halftime.
- The Marlins expanded their lead to 10-5 with 2:48 to go in the third.
- Adam Nycz totaled four goals and three assists. Mike Moran posted three goals and one assist.
- Travis Puls contributed two goals and two assists while Kyle Wright added on two goals and one assist.
- VWC won 15-of-23 face-offs, led by a 7-11 effort from Mikey Connors.
- Corey Bauer made 13 saves.
- Andrew Senft led Ferrum with three goals, and Nick Smith had two scores.
- Damian Pulos made 20 saves for the Panthers.
- VWC was 0-2 on man up opportunities while Ferrum was just 1-7.
- The Marlins outshot the Quakers 45-31.
The Last Time These Two Met
- Hampden-Sydney defeated Virginia Wesleyan 17-7 on April 27, 2011.
- The 17 goals was an H-SC season-high.
- H-SC jumped out to a 5-0 advantage 9:54 into the first quarter and led 6-1 after 15 minutes.
- Micah Keller had three goals and three assists. Nate Cundy, Ryan Martin, and Cole Hawthorne each had two goals. Ben Clarke and Eric Gorsline both had two scores.
- Brad Mostowy went 14-21 on face-offs with 10 ground balls.
- Cody Hornung made 10 saves.
- Tyler Keech recorded just eight saves for the Marlins while allowing 15 goals.
- Seven different players scored for VWC.
In the 2012 National Ranks
- 5 - Carter Mavromatis, Career Assists, 94*
- 6 - Brad Mostowy, Career GBs, 299*
- 7 - Micah Keller, Career Goals, 144*
- 7 - Mostowy, Career GBs/Game, 6.50*
- 9 - Mostowy, Career Faceoff Wins, 446*
- 15 - Keller, Career Points, 184*
- 19 - Mavromatis, Career Assts./Game, 1.49*
- 20 - Mavromatis, Assts./Game, 2.18
- 23 - Mavromatis, Career Points, 163*
- 28 - Keller, Career Goals/Game, 2.32*
- 35 - Mostowy, GBs/Game, 6.73
- 42 - Scoring Offense, 10.91
- 44 - Points Per Game, 17.45
- 46 - Assists Per Game, 6.55
- 49 - Micah Keller, Goals/Game, 2.64
- 58 - Man-Up Offense, .305
- 63 - Man-Down Defense, .774
- 81 - Ground Balls Per Game, 33.45
- 83 - Win Percentage, .545
- 86 - Mavromatis, Points/Game, 3.45
- 90 - Saves Per Game, 10.91
- 97 - Scoring Margin, 0.45
- 99 - Keller, Points/Game, 3.36
*Active Players Only
The Numbers Game
- 33.4 shots per game
- 32.7% shooting percentage
- 64.3% shots on goal percentage
- 106 combined points for Carter Mavromatis, Micah Keller, and Ryan Martin
- 69 combined points for the rest of the team
- 1/3 of the team's assists are from Carter Mavromatis
- 1/4 of the team's goals are from Micah Keller
Looking at Virginia Wesleyan
- Virginia Wesleyan is 8-4 with a 2-2 ODAC record.
- VWC's has beaten Randolph and Guilford while losting to Randolph-Macon and Roanoke.
- Adam Nycz leads the team with 45 points on 32 goals and 13 assists. Four other players have tallied 20 or more points.
- Mikey Connors is 84-138 (60.9%) on face-offs.
- Corey Bauer has made 124 saves (58.5%) this year with a 8.15 GAA.
- Turnovers are low in VWC games as opponents average just 13.1 a game while VWC commits just 12.5.