Game Notes: Lacrosse Travels Back to Greensboro to Play Guilford
Game Notes | PDF Version
Hampden-Sydney (5-5 / 2-2 ODAC) vs. Guilford (6-5 / 1-3 ODAC)
Saturday, April 7 | 1 pm | Greensboro, NC
Last Time Out for the Tigers
- Hampden-Sydney beat Randolph-Macon 10-8 on the road on Wednesday.
- Hampden-Sydney scored the first four goals and never trailed in the contest.
- Five of H-SC's 10 goals were scored in the first quarter.
- Only one of the Tigers' 10 goals was scored in the second half.
- After 14 combined first-half goals, offenses spurted in the second-half to the tune of four goals.
- Eight players scored a goal with two each from Thomas Armstrong and Brad Mostowy.
- Mostowy won 12-of-20 face-offs along with scooping 12 ground balls.
- Cody Hornung made 12 saves, including six in the fourth quarter.
- Time Rowe scored six of Macon's eight goals.
- The leading point scorer in the ODAC, R-MC's Tyler Midwinter, was limited to zero points on four shots.
- H-SC held a 29-21 advantage in ground balls.
Last Time Out for the Quakers
- Guilford lost to Randolph-Macon last Saturday by a score of 14-12.
- R-MC led 8-5 at the half and 13-8 with 13 minutes left in the game.
- After that, Guilford scored for straight goals to make it a 13-12 contest with 6:30 left.
- Justin Butler scored the final goal for Macon with 4:10 remaining.
- Tyler Midwinter had three goals and two assists while Jason Andrews and Justin Butler each had two scores.
- Jake Leddy had two goals and one assist while Tim Rowe had a goal and an assist.
- Jason Crawford made just seven saves for the Yellow Jackets.
- Taylor Teodioso and Chase Clausen each recorded three goals an an assist for the Quakers.
- Nick Mann posted two goals and two assists.
- Greg Nash, one of the leading goal scorers in the ODAC this year, posted just one goal on seven shots.
- The Quakers won 17-of-28 face-offs, including a 14-23 effort from Sam Newland.
The Last Time These Two Met
- Hampden-Sydney defeated Guilford 14-8 on April 9, 2011.
- The Tigers scored eight goals in the first quarter en route to taking an 8-1 advantage after just 15 minutes.
- Hampden-Sydney led 12-3 at halftime before pulling back the reins in the second half.
- Nate Cundy had three goals and one assist while Jess Hawthorne, Ben Clarke, Bobby Fulton, Cole Hawthorne, and Eric Gorsline each had two goals.
- Brad Mostowy won 14-of-17 faceoffs, had 16 groundballs, and handed out one assist.
- Jess Hawthorne also went 5-for-8 on face-offs with five groundballs.
- H-SC doubled up Guilford in ground balls, 42-21, and also outshot the Quakers 31-16.
- Chris Ashcraft and Greg Nash each had two goals for Guilford.
In the 2012 National Ranks
- 26 - Carter Mavromatis, Assits/Game (2.0)
- 28 - Micah Keller, Goals/Game (2.89)
- 45 - Brad Mostowy, GBs/Game (6.22)
- 46 - Points Per Game (17.11)
- 47 - Assists Per Game (6.56)
- 54 - Scoring Offense (10.56)
- 56 - Man-Down Defense (79.2%)
- 70 - Man-Up Offense (27.8%)
- 74 - Micah Keller, Points/Game (3.56)
- 76 - Ground Balls Per Game (34.0)
- 86 - Saves Per Game (11.0)
The Numbers Game
- -4.7 shot margin for the Tigers
- 22% man-down defense
- +9 ground ball margin
- +7 goal margin in the fourth quarter
- -9 goal margin in the second quarter
- 16th - Career rank for Micah Keller in points among active D3 players
- 6th - Career rank for Micah Keller in goals among active D3 players
- 6th - Career rank for Carter Mavromatis in career assists among active D3 players.
Looking at Guilford
- The Quakers have a 6-5 overall record, 1-3 in the ODAC.
- Their lone ODAC win was a 17-2 home victory over Randolph.
- In addition to the Randolph-Macon loss, Guilford has ODAC losses to W&L (14-5) and Virginia Wesleyan (18-9).
- Guilford also lost to Catholic 12-8, a team H-SC beat 15-12.
- Greg Nash leads the team with 36 points on eight assists and a team-best 28 goals.
- Nick Mann has a team-high 13 assists.
- Chase Clausen had 19 goals and 11 assists while Chris Ashcraft has 19 goals and Henry Farley has 12 goals and 10 assists.
- Thomas Deane has made 107 saves.