Game Notes: Lacrosse Faces Arch-Rival Randolph-Macon in Ashland
Game Notes | PDF Version
Hampden-Sydney (4-5, 1-2 ODAC) vs. Randolph-Macon (9-3, 3-0 ODAC)
Wednesday, April 4 | 4 pm | Ashland, VA
Last Time Out for the Tigers
- #5 Lynchburg College beat the Tigers 16-7.
- Lynchburg scored five goals in each of the first three quarters.
- Hampden-Sydney scored the first goal of the first and second quarters, but then allowed a 5-0 Hornets run to close the quarter.
- The Tigers started to build momentum with two scores to open the second-half, but a third straight goal was waived off and led to a Lynchburg score.
- Micah Keller led the team with two goals while Eric Gorsline had a goal and an assist.
- Dylan Hoff, Andrew Wilfong, and Max Voumard each had three goals and one assist for Lynchburg.
- Jeff Schwartz won 13-of-17 face-offs with nine groundballs.
- Franc Cook made eight saves for the Hornets while CJ White and Cody Hornung recorded a combined 10 for the Tigers.
Last Time Out for the Yellow Jackets
- Randolph-Macon beat Guilford 14-12 on the road.
- It was the team's ninth win, the most since the 1999 season.
- R-MC led 8-5 at halftime and 13-8 with 13 minutes left in the game.
- Guilford scored four straight goals in the fourth quarter to cut the deficit to 13-12 with 6:30 left in the game.
- R-MC's Justin Butler then scored at 4:10 to provide the final tally of the game.
- Butler, Jason Andrews, and Tyler Midwinter each had three goals while Jake Leddy posted two.
- Tyler Teodosio and Chase Clausen each had three goals for Guilford while Nick Mann had two goals and two assists.
- Greg Nash, one of the top goal scorers in the ODAC thus far, was limited to just one goal on seven shots.
- Both goalies made seven saves apiece.
- Guilford won 17-of-28 face-offs.
The Last Time These Two Met
- Hampden-Syndey won 14-8 at home on April 6, 2011.
- The Yellow Jackets scored just four goals in the first three quarters.
- The Tigers led 12-4 after three quarters.
- Micah Keller had three goals while Ben Clarke and Eric Gorsline had two scores.
- Carter Mavromatis posted a goal and three assists while Cole Hawthorne tacked on two goals and two assists.
- Brian Rowe, Patrick Egan, and Justin Butler each had two goals for Randolph-Macon.
- Cody Hornung made seven saves while allowing six goals and Jason Crawford made 11 saves for R-MC.
- H-SC had a 41-23 advantage in groundballs and won 18-of-26 face-offs.
In the 2012 National Ranks
- 26 - Carter Mavromatis, Assits/Game (2.0)
- 28 - Micah Keller, Goals/Game (2.89)
- 45 - Brad Mostowy, GBs/Game (6.22)
- 46 - Points Per Game (17.11)
- 47 - Assists Per Game (6.56)
- 54 - Scoring Offense (10.56)
- 56 - Man-Down Defense (79.2%)
- 70 - Man-Up Offense (27.8%)
- 74 - Micah Keller, Points/Game (3.56)
- 76 - Ground Balls Per Game (34.0)
- 86 - Saves Per Game (11.0)
The Numbers Game
- 3 players ranked in the top 20 at H-SC for career points.
- 20.8% man-down defense.
- 2 man-down goals.
- 2 ODAC teams are ranked in the Top-20
- +32 turnover margin
- 3 assists needed for Carter Mavromatis to set a school record for career assists
Looking at Randolph-Macon
- With a 9-3 record, the Yellow Jackets have their most wins since the 1999 season.
- R-MC is 4-1 at home this year, with their one loss being a 12-8 decision against Mary Washington.
- R-MC has allowed just 11 man-up goals.
- Tyler Midwinter has 48 points on 25 goals and 23 assists.
- R-MC features six players with 20 or more points on the season.
- Randolph-Macon has won just 44.1% of their face-offs.
- Jason Crawford boasts an 8.41 goals against average and is averaging nearly 11 saves a game.