Game Notes | PDF Version
Hampden-Sydney (1-2 / 1-0 home) vs. St. John Fisher (0-0)
Saturday, March 3 | 2:30 pm | Fulton Field at Lewis C. Everett Stadium
Last Time Out for the Tigers
- The Tigers lost on the road at #7 Stevenson, 9-6.
- The game was tied at the end of each of the first three quarters with a 5-5 score at the end of three.
- Stevenson scored the last three goals of the game.
- Micah Keller scored two goals while Thomas Armstrong was the only other goal scorer with two of his own.R
- yan Martin assisted on a career-high four goals while Carter Mavromatis handed out an assist on two scores.
- Freshman David Noftsinger got his first start in goal and made 12 saves.
- Brad Mostowy was just 6-19 on faceoffs.
- Nate Norbo had four caused turnovers while Chris Stockinger and Andrew Pritzlaff each had two.
- Pritzlaff also added a team-high six groundballs while Ben Clarke and Mostowy each had five.
- H-SC forced 30 Stevenson turnovers and held them to a 1-7 mark on EMOsH-SC was outshot 35-22.There were 20 combined penalties and 18 EMOs.
Last Time Out for the Cardinals
- St. John Fisher has not played a game this season.
- The 2011 Cardinals went 12-4 a year ago along with a 4-4 record in the Empire 8 conference.
- The Cardinals are receiving votes in the latest USILA Top 20 Coaches Poll.
- Senior midfielder Kyle Denhoff was named a Preseason All-American. He scored 30 goals along with nine assists in 2011.
- SJFC returns its top three leading scorers who combined for 101 goals and 48 assists for 149 total points.
- Ryan Schmidt must be replaced, who scored 37 points on 21 goals and 16 assists.
- Also gone is Erich Rassow, one of the top faceoff specialists in the nation last year. He won 246 of 340 faceoffs for a 72.4% win percentage.
- Matt McShea, the starting goalkeeper, also graduated. He had a 6.90 goals against average and a 56.8% save percentage. Look for backup Jamie Campagna to emerge as the starter.
The Last Time These Two Met
- There is no previous meeting on record dating back to the 1985 season.
In the 2011 National Ranks
- 14th - Brad Mostowy, ground balls per game, 7.82
- 29th - Man-up offense, converted on 35.4% of man-up opportunities.
- 31st - Ground balls per game, 37.24
- 31st - Scoring margin +3.76
- 34th - Carter Mavromatis assists pergame, 1.76
- 35th - Scoring offense, 11.88 goals/game
- 44th - Points per game, 17.76
- 44th - Face-off win percentage, 56.1%
- 45th - Cody Hornung GAA, 7.89
- 48th - Cole Hawthorne points per game, 3.76
- 49th - Scoring defense, 8.12 goals/game
- 50th - Brad Mostowy, Face-offs, 57.7%
The Numbers Game
- 8 - NCAA Tournament appearances for the Tigers.
- 4 - ODAC Championships for the Tigers.
- 78.5% - Percentage of returning points scored from the 2011 season.
- 79.8% - Percentage of returning ground balls from the 2011 season.
- 22 - New faces on the team for the 2012 season.
- 9 - 2012 senior lacrosse players
- 4 - Pre-Season All-Americans
- 7 - Former All-ODACers on the team.
Looking at St. John Fisher
- First game for St. John Fisher.
- Head Coach John Johnson has posted a winning record all seven seasons for a 73-29 overall record.
- Prior to John Johnson's arrival, their best season was 6-7.
- Two years ago, St. John Fisher had a 16-2 record.
- The Cardinals lost nine seniors from last year's roster but are an experienced squad, featuring 11 seniors and six juniors.