Game Notes: Tigers to Return to Road for ODAC Contest Against Roanoke
Game Notes | PDF Version
Last Time Out for the Tigers
• Hampden-Sydney had its six game winning streak snapped with a 100-80 loss to #2 Virginia Wesleyan.
• Harrison George notched his 15th career double-double with 25 points and 10 rebounds.
• Khobi Williamson and Ben Jessee added 17 and 14 points, respectively.
• Ru White also scored in double figures with 11 points on 4-of-9 shooting.
• D.J. Woodmore (23 pts, 10 rbs) and Donald Vaughn (17 pts, 16 rbs) both posted double-doubles for the Marlins.
• The game was tied six times in the first nine minutes, but Virginia Wesleyan then took a lead it held for the remainder of the game.
• Hampden-Sydney shot 44.4% from the floor (28-of-63) and 38.5% (5-of-13) from beyond the arc.
• The Marlins shot 52.7% (39-of-74) from the floor and 35.7% (5-of-14) from beyond the arc.
Last Time Out for the Maroons
• Roanoke improved to 4-7 overall with a 74-48 win over Swarthmore in the Morris Cregger Invitational Consolation Game.
• Logan Singleton led all players with 19 points and 11 rebounds. The senior was 8-of-15 from the floor.
• Kwasi Amponsah added 15 points and five rebounds.
• Clay Lacy and Zach Barrett each added eight points while Jack Hamilton snared nine rebounds to go with four points.
• Swarthmore was led by Jordan Federer's 11 points on just 3-of-12 shooting.
• Michael Giannangeli and Will Gates each scored 10 points while combining for 13 rebounds.
• The Maroons were 24-of-53 from the floor (45.3%), 6-of-13 from three (46.2%) and 20-of-30 from the foul line (66.7%).
The Last Time These Two Met
• Hampden-Sydney took an 87-72 win at Fleet Gymnasium over the Maroons on January 12, 2011.
• Harrison George led all scorers with 24 points and 13 rebounds. He knocked down a career-high 15 free throws on 19 attempts.
• Ben Jessee was red hot going 7-of-9 and 5-of-6 from three to score 21 points in addition to a career-high seven rebounds.
• Ru White also had a big night with 19 points.
• Keegan Wetzel was the top scorer off the bench with seven points.
• Melvin Felix and Matt Critzer led Roanoke with 13 points a piece.
• Logan Singleton and Kwasi Amponsah each scored 11, and Clay Lacy added 10 points.
• The Tigers were 24-of-52 (46.2%) from the floor while the Maroons were 29-of-63 (46.0%).
Harrison Getting Hot
• After scoring just three points against Shenandoah, junior forward Harrison George has scored at least 20 points in seven of the last eight games.
• From the floor, he has shot 61.1% (69-113).
• As a team during this stretch, the Tigers have posted a 7-1 record.
• He has also posted two doubles-doubles (26, 12 vs. EMU; 25, 10 vs. VWC).
Vick Versus Roanoke
• As a player (1990-94), Dee Vick went 5-5 against the Maroons, but as a head coach he is 5-1 winning the last five meetings.
Hitting 1,000 Points
• Junior Harrison George hit 1,000 points after scoring 26 against Ferrum, and senior Ben Jessee currently stands at 997 points.
• Head coach Dee Vick '94 has either played with or coached 13 of Hampden-Sydney's 40 1,000 point scorers.
Looking at Roanoke
• Led by 23rd year head Coach Page Moir, who stands second in the conference in ODAC wins with 228.
• Key loss is 2011 Second Team All-ODAC selection Melvin Felix.
• Stand at 0-2 in ODAC play this year with losses to Washington & Lee (73-66) and Lynchburg (90-74).
• Led in scoring by one of the top in the league - Kwasi Amponsah (18.8 ppg).
• Logan Singleton leads the Maroons with 7.7 rebounds-per-game to go with 18 blocks.
• Started the year 0-3 before beating Goucher 90-86 in overtime.
• Have yet to win back-to-back games this season.