Support Tiger Athletics
A Message from Athletic Director, Richard Epperson '79
Welcome to Hampden-Sydney Athletics. Our coaches not only lead exceptional programs in baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, lacrosse, soccer, swimming, and tennis, they teach men and build character. Our players are talented in and out of the classroom. Our parents and fans are incredibly supportive. Our facilities are exceptional. And financial gifts to athletics are at an all-time high.
Since 2012, the Athletic Department and many Tiger teams have experienced a great amount of success. H-SC has won 56.5% of its head-to-head contests and two ODAC Championships. Three teams have advanced to the NCAA Tournament while three individuals have gone on to postseason tournaments, including the Football team’s first-ever NCAA Tournament win and Brian Burt finishing fifth overall at the 2014 NCAA Golf Championship. Individually, H-SC has produced 13 All-American, 23 All-Region player, 40 All-State athletes, 86 All-ODAC honorees, and five Coaches of the Year since the 2011-12 year.
Take a moment to review some of the great stories from the past year:
- Burt Named First-Team All-American, Burt and O'Connell All-Region
- TIGERS SHOCK ROANOKE 14-13 IN OVERTIME IN ODAC SEMIFINALS
- Lewis Breaks Hits Record, Tigers Fall 3-2 to VWC
- Kinne Earns Most Wins in School History as Tigers Outlast Frostburg State
- Basketball Routs Eastern Mennonite 104-80 to Advance to the ODAC Championship Game
- Down Goes Macon! Tigers Beat Yellow Jackets 68-55 in ODAC Tournament Quarterfinals
- Trio of Tigers Earn All-America Honors
- Tigers Triumph 42-34, Get First-Ever Playoff Win
- Greg Lewis' Three With 0.2 Seconds Left Gives Tigers 66-65 Comeback Win. Tigers Make SportsCenter Top 10 Plays
- Tigers Win 119th Edition of 'The Game,' Take ODAC
Intercollegiate competition in the Old Dominion Athletic Conference is intense. While winning is important, Hampden-Sydney's student-athletes strive to keep "honor, service, and commitment" at the forefront of their thoughts. Your financial support helps reinforce our collective efforts to do likewise.
Richard P. Epperson II '79
Director of Athletics