WHAT IS SAAC?
A student-athlete advisory committee (SAAC) is a committee made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience. The SAAC offers input on the rules, regulations, and policies that affect student-athletes’ lives. There is an SAAC at the institution, conference, and national levels. Presently, there are separate national SAACs for NCAA Division I, II, and III. NCAA legislation mandates that all member institutions have SAAC on their respective campuses. Further, NCAA legislation requires that all member conferences have SAAC.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the institution.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the conference.
- Review and respond to proposed NCAA legislation.
- Support the campus and conference community through community outreach efforts, with a primary focus on the NCAA Division III SAAC and Special Olympics partnership.
- At all time, SAAC members must keep their teams informed and educated about relevant issues discussed during SAAC Meetings. Must act as leaders and liaisons within their teams.
- Must adhere to deadlines when submitting and responding to all forms of correspondence from staff and other SAAC members.
- Assist in the selection and appointment of new members at the end of the academic year. The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee will elect new officers to fill any vacant position if the elected officer is unable to carry out his/her obligation. The only exception applies to the office of the President, in which case the Vice President will assume the responsibility. Additionally, the President may appoint an interim secretary who will be responsible for filling the spot of the secretary is not present at a meeting.
- Attend all SAAC Meetings. Meetings will be scheduled twice a month. Exception will be the month of December and January.
- Promote the athletic department of all of its various entities.
- Serve on at least one sub-committee with active involvement.
- Know, understand, and follow the SAAC by-laws.
NCAA DIII SAAC and Special Olympics Partnership - http://www.ncaa.org/about/special-olympics-partnership
2016-17 EXECUTIVE BOARD
Ryan Peevey, Baseball
Bender Vaught, Football
Lewis Brooks, Cross Country
Community Service Chair
Jake McCraw, Football
Basketball Assistant Coach